Regenerative Thermal Oxidizer (RTO) with a maximum capacity of 8,000 scfm (2,000 scfm minimum). Built in 1998. Rebuilt by Kono Kogs in 2008. In very good condition. Previously treated emissions from a heat-set printing press until January 2018. The unit has a puff capture feature (VOC entrapment) to eliminate visible emissions and provide a high VOC DRE. Also includes a hot side bypass system for high VOC concentration airstreams.
This MEGTEC 8,000 Regenerative Thermal Oxidizer was refurbished by Kono Kogs in 2008, and has since operated at very easy, low flow conditions. The RTO is an older model, but is in very good condition inside and out.
Ceramic media needs re-packing/replacement which is included in the as-is and refurbished option.
- Design flow- 2,000 – 8,000 scfm (up to 325 deg F);
- Note: 8,000 scfm capacity possible with an upgraded (100 hp) larger motor
- 94% effective heat exchanger
- Pre-piped gas train
- Exhaust (main) fan with 50 hp motor (belt drive)
- Variable Speed Drive (New: Upgrade to replace inefficient volume damper)
- Combustion blower with 3.0 hp motor (direct drive)
- Fresh air damper with electric actuator
- VOC Entrapment feature
- Hot gas bypass feature for high VOC concentration airstreams
- Allen Bradley PLC SLC 503 w/modem
- Yokagowa chart recorder
- Complete owner’s manual with all mechanical and electrical drawings.