General Oxidizer Information
MEGTEC Quantum 3,000 catalytic oxidizer capable of accepting up to 3,000 SCFM of process air @ 350 ºF capacity (2,700 SCFM @ 500m altitude). Manufactured in 1990 and treated emissions from a web offset printing application. It was run until 2010, and is now off-line and available. Original design included MEGTEC 1/8 diameter bead 936 catalyst. It is in very good condition internally and good condition externally. The heat exchanger and the burner are in very good shape with no cracks. The external cladding and paint are UV faded, but in good condition. The catalyst is in good to very good condition as well
The system currently is mounted to a structural platform which can be mounted to the floor or could be mounted on legs/mezzanine, if necessary. The main system fan is also mounted on a separate platform along with its 20 HP motor.
Quantum oxidizers are the best and most common catalytic system for heatset printing emissions. Kono Kogs has refurbished/handled over 30 Quantum units.
- Maximum design flow- 3,000 scfm @ 350 F process temp (2,700 scfm @ 500m altitude)
- 69% effective 304 SST heat exchanger
- MEGTEC 1/8” diameter 936 catalyst
- Stainless steel hot side bypass damper and actuator
- Main exhaust fan with a 20 HP TEFC motor.
- Relay logic controls
- Combustion blower with 3 HP TEFC motor
- Fresh air damper with electric actuator
- Complete owner’s manual with electrical and mechanical drawings
- Weight: 13,795 lbs
- Footprint: 198” L X 140” W x 93.5” H (excluding stack)
- Required electrical power: 27 KVA @ 460/3/60
- Gas requirements: 1296 cfh at cold start @ 2.0 – 5.0 psi natural gas