Kono Kogs Earns American Welding Society (AWS) CertificationsJune 27, 2022
The fabrication and assembly team at Kono Kogs continues to add capability and certifications to their list of accomplishments. Many on our team recently earned American Welding Society (AWS) certifications. While our team has always been extremely capable, these certifications prove it. Certifying to these levels is not common in many fabrication shops, but our team has a passion to be the best that they can be in metal fabrication and machine assembly.
Our team has secured the following AWS certifications:
- D1.1 code for structural welding
- FCAW-G (Flux Cored Arc Welding with Gas cover), 3G & 4G positions, thickness .125″ & greater
- GMAW (Gas Metal Arc Welding (MIG)) process for unlimited thickness
- SMAW (Shielded metal arc welding(stick welding)), 3G & 4G positions, thickness .125″ & greater
Our Fabrication Team at Work:
Our rapidly increasing capabilities of in-house metal fabrication and machine assembly has expanded to includes a wide variety of markets. Not only are we continuing our 25+ year excellence in refurbishing air pollution control equipment, our experience with process heating equipment has allowed us to fabricate and assemble an increasingly wide variety of components and machines: from structural steel frames and sheet metal to fully assembled, wired, and piped industrial equipment.
Kono Kogs, Inc. has been rebuilding air pollution control equipment since 1996, including fabrication and rebuilds such as:
- RTO cold face repairs and replacements
- Combustion chamber repair and reinsulate
- RTO media chamber repair and full chamber replacement
- Ductwork design, fabrication and installation for various application
- Custom T-dampers, volume control dampers, and isolation dampers
- Thermal oxidizer and regenerative thermal oxidizer (RTO) fabrication, piping, and wiring